Friendly Learning

Student visas

When you decide to study in the UK you have to make sure that your chosen school is accredited to accept overseas students.

ABC School of English is authorised by the UK Visa and Immigration service (UKVI), through our accreditation with Accreditation UK, to support students to apply for study visas.

E GATES - IMPORTANT-  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - Japanese, South Korean and Singaporean students, who are coming on a six-month short-term study visa, SHOULD NOT USE E-GATES on entry to the UK.

If you do use the e-gates, you will not receive the necessary short term study visa stamp in your passport.  You will then need to leave the UK within 30 days and re-enter to get your stamp.

Please make sure that you go to an immigration officer who will stamp your passport.

The following links will give you useful information: 

English UK

UK Government e-gates

To the best of our knowledge, the information below is correct at the time of publication.  However, we strongly recommend that you check the relevant websites and with your nearest High Commission for the most up-to-date information.   

Immigration regulations are subject to change. It is important to check the UKVI website for the most up-to-date information:

Check if you need a UK visa

You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work, follow this link to visas and immigration section of the website.

There are many types of visas on which you can study with us: 

  • Standard Visitor visa - allows study for up to 30 days 
  • Short Term Study visa (STS) - up to 6 months 
  • Short Term Study visa (STS) - up to 11 months 
  • Tier 1,2 and 5 visa 
  • Diplomat visa
  • Dependent visa

Student Checklist

Applying to ABC School of English: 

  • Complete our booking form.
  • Send us a scanned copy of your passport.
  • Send us proof of funds.
Student visas advice at ABC School